Car accidents in Cheyenne often involve pedestrians, bicyclists, passengers, and people who have no role in the mishap. You should take legal action when you have suffered significant losses and severe injuries due to someone’s negligent action. Wyoming follows the standard fault-based system. If you can provide proof that the other driver breached their “duty of care,” you can recover a fair settlement. While you can always file a claim alone, check this out to talk to an injury lawyer. Here is your essential guide for choosing an auto accident lawyer in Cheyenne.
- Start with reviews. What do other clients say about a law firm? Social media handles and Google can help you gather information through reviews. Don’t let a few bad reviews affect your decision, but when a lawyer has too many good reviews, it is an indicator of their popularity.
- Ask for an appointment. Most lawyers in Cheyenne will be happy to offer a FREE assessment of your case, and this is the right opportunity to know whether your claim is valid and worth pursuing. You can also get an idea of the lawyer’s approach and interest.
- Be specific with your questions. How often do you take up auto accident claims? Do you only handle car accident lawsuits or have experience with truck mishap-related claims too? What is your success rate? These are some key questions to include in your list.
- Find out about their trial experience. Car accident claims usually settle through initial talks, but there are always exceptions. If you have to go to trial, you need an accident lawyer who can also represent you in court. Only a handful of lawyers have been to court for such matters, which is a pointer to consider.
- Ask about other expenses. While the lawyer won’t ask for an hourly rate, you are responsible for certain costs related to investigating the case and hiring experts (if necessary). The out-of-pocket expenses should be discussed in advance with your attorney.
- Inquire about communication and availability. Is the lawyer available to take your case, or do they plan to engage an associate? Also, you should be able to get updates and communicate with the attorney, for which the lawyer must provide access to their team.
A good car accident lawyer knows the pain of the clients and will have an empathetic attitude to their cause. Ensure that you feel comfortable talking to the lawyer you wish to hire.