Learning science is important for kids to observe and analyze things based on the results. We can say that it is more about acquiring knowledge by experimenting and observing things. There are substantial amounts of knowledge that you can gain by learning science. Young children must be introduced to the world of science from an early age. This helps them learn concepts required for developing their skills for better educational growth. Additionally, you can make them realize the importance of science in the world, for growth and development of an individual, as well as the planet that we live in.
Introducing science to young children is a challenging task. Therefore, explaining any concept related to science in an interesting way can be challenging. What can be more engaging than conducting experiments to teach science for children? Little kids who can easily get distracted or find it difficult to understand the concept through learning materials will find these methods very captivating. Therefore, you can start exploring simple experiments at home. Initially, you can teach kids how to make a volcano so that they learn the basic science behind it. Gradually, incorporate experiments for kids to do at home so that they can gain scientific knowledge.
However, you need to understand the fact that to perform these experiments, you do not require expensive equipment. Instead, it can be easily conducted at home with affordable and kid-friendly materials. By doing this, kids learn protocol and procedure for performing experiments followed by observations and inference. Most importantly, kids learn why they have to carry out this experiment and what are the outcomes. This makes them understand the concept easily, for better learning experiences.
Ways to Make A Volcano At Home
There are different types of volcanoes that you can make at home. The instructions for the following experiments are mentioned below:
- Sand Volcano: Take an empty bottle, place it on the sand in the backyard of your house. Then, add vinegar, baking soda, soap water and a few drops of food coloring with the help of funnel into the bottle. Step aside and watch how the volcano erupts. This works basically due to a chemical reaction between the baking soda and vinegar.
- Newspaper Volcano: Take an empty bottle and cut it from the middle. Then, cover the base of the bottle with tape. To give a pyramid appearance, cover the base with the newspaper. And, then take a small piece of newspaper and paste it all over the pyramid shaped bottle. Color the bottle taped with newspaper. Allow it to dry for sometime. Then, with the help of a funnel, add a mixture of baking soda and vinegar along with food coloring into the bottle. Step aside and watch the volcano erupt.
Benefits of Teaching Experiments To Kids
Learning science with experiments is extremely beneficial in understanding concepts in a fun and entertaining way. Apart from making vocalano, you can teach kids how to make a rainbow in a jar, followed by other simple experiments. This will help them develop interest in learning science, along with other essential skills. Some of the benefits of learning science with the help of experiments are mentioned below:
- Develops good observation and analytical skills.
- Enables understanding of the concept in a better way.
- Develops interests towards learning science.
- Enables children to draw conclusions and inferences by observing the experiment that they are conducting.
- Improves concentration and focus while performing experiments.
- Develops patience and organizational skills.