Root canal treatment is required when the soft tissue or pulp inside the root canal becomes infected or irritated.
Some of the common reasons for root canal treatment include
- Faulty Crown
- Deep Decay
- The tooth has been subjected to numerous dental operations
- Damage to your teeth due to injury
Most dentists recommend dental X-rays to find out whether pulp has been damaged due to bacterial infection. When the bacteria enter the pulp, it gets inflamed, allowing the bacteria to grow and spread.
What are the symptoms of pulp infection?
- A loose tooth.
- Pain when chewing or biting.
- Pain when drinking or eating cold or hot food or drink.
- Pus coming out from the infected tooth.
- A swollen jaw or cheek.
If you get a toothache, you should see a Cypress TX root canals dentist right away. If the pulp of your tooth becomes infected, it will not heal on its own. If you ignore the problem, the problem can turn worse which would be difficult to treat. Many people think that antibiotics work well in this case, but it isn’t true. Antibiotics may not be effective in treating root canal infections. They can, however, aid in the treatment of infections that have spread beyond the root and result in swelling.
How root canal treatment is done?
The first thing that you have to do for treating the infection is, remove the bacteria. Besides, this can be done in two ways.
Take a look below to know about them.
- Root canal treatment.
- Removing the infected tooth. However, it is not recommended because it is better to keep your natural teeth always.
It is the root canal treatment, which is recommended by most dentists for treating pulp infection. For root canal Cypress TX, you could choose Orion dental specialties. From root canal treatment to dental implants, you can find a solution to most of your dental problems here. You don’t have to go anywhere for taking their dentist’s appointment. Simply visit their website for taking their dentist’s appointment.
If you are looking for more options, simply enter dentists for root canals near me in the search option online. Once you get the results, read the reviews and choose whichever dental clinic you feel is the best.
Why do most people prefer root canal treatment?
The majority of people feel that keeping a natural tooth is preferable to having it extracted. The reason for this is, you will find a gap in your mouth after tooth extraction, and this can affect your appearance. It can bring a change in the way you chew food. In fact, you will not be able to chew the food comfortably with the gap. If you want to close the gap, you’ll need a bridge or an implant, both of which come with a significant price tag. Compared to this root canal treatment is beneficial in all ways.
What to follow before the root canal treatment?
Below are some tips which help you prepare for your root canal treatment.
- You must avoid consuming alcohol and smoking before taking the treatment. It’s preferable if you don’t drink alcohol for at least 24 hours before getting this treatment done. The reason for this alcohol consumption can make the whole process complicated. It increases the recovery time too. You must avoid drinking alcohol post-treatment as well at least for one to two weeks.
- Because a root canal often necessitates the use of an anesthetic that numbs the mouth, it would be difficult for you to eat post the procedure. Eat a few hours prior to the operation. This provides the body with all of the nutrients it requires to begin the healing process.
- Make sure that you reach the clinic at least 20mins to 30mins before your appointment time. This helps you stay relaxed.
- Take enough rest before getting the treatment done. Ensure that you sleep well before getting the treatment done.
- Speak with your dentists about taking painkillers or antibiotics. Use them only if your dentists recommend them to you.
How to take care of yourself post-getting the root canal treatment?
- Avoid eating food items that are difficult to chew. Take soft foods for the next 7 to 10days post getting the treatment done. Avoid eating immediately after taking the treatment. Take a gap of at least 5hrs to 7hrs. Check about this with your dentist for more clarity.
- Avoid brushing your teeth for the next 24hrs post the treatment. Post that you must be extremely careful when brushing your teeth until you recover completely. Use the toothpaste recommended by your dentist.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort post-taking the treatment, discuss it with your dentist about it. They might recommend certain medications looking at your condition.
- Once you recover completely, ensure that you brush your teeth at least twice daily. This helps you in maintaining your teeth strong and healthy.
- Go for regular dental check-up, as this helps in identifying the dental problems at the early stage.
- Avoid eating food items which can damage your tooth.
Do follow the above tips without fail to keep your teeth healthy and strong!